Top 10 daily healthy habits for men
The common man tends to lead a very busy life and has a bad eating routine which I can say are not very good daily healthy habits. The financial aspect is prioritized instead of fitness and health. Although there are a lot of opportunities for programmed exercises at the gym and also moments of spontaneous sport and activities, these doesn’t usually happen. Whatever our day-to-day operations are, we need to optimize our time and effort to make our body fit and ready to go. Here are the top 10 daily healthy habits for men that will help you hit your optimum body performance. Let’s start with number ten then down to number one.
1. Treat your back properly – Our back is the often injured part of our body. To prevent injury to that very crucial part, we need to practice proper lifting technique. Bend your knees, keep your back straight and lift with your legs. This technique will not only lower the chances of injury but will also ensure your back will be mobile and ready for action.
2. Stretching every morning and night – Physical flexibility is one of the keys to staying fit, healthy and injury free. Our daily activities usually relate to our jobs and most of us sit behind desks and have limited movements during work time. These will lead to stiff muscles and joints and eventually will mot likely result in injury after unplanned physical activity. Stretching every morning and night (after a reasonable warm-up) will not only result in a much physically fit bod but will make your body like a well-oiled machine. This is one of my favorite daily healthy habits.
3. Breath correctly – Most of us don’t breath properly. We breathe from the chest but we should the diaphragm, an area between the stomach and chest. Doing so maximizes oxygen intake and relaxes both body and mind. Breathing in this way takes less effort too.
4. Eat breakfast every day – Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. To keep yourself fully fueled and at your physical best, eat a light breakfast that includes carbohydrates, protein and a little bit of healthy fat. ( Who would dare try to go against this daily healthy habits)
5. Substitute healthy snacks for junk food – Eating healthy snack foods, instead of traditional junk food will keep your energy levels high without sacrificing your health. Eating junk will give you an immediate boost of energy, followed by a significant drop afterward. Eating healthy snacks can help to ensure that your energy stays level throughout the day.
6. Eat smaller meals frequently – Experts are suggesting that we need to up the number of meals we have per day to 5 or 6. Even though we know that an optimal number of meals remains unknown, but planning meals appropriately and limiting portion size will at least prevent overeating which is one of the culprits that makes us unhealthy.
7. Drink lots of water – We need water to lubricate our joints and maintain our muscles. Our bodies are composed primarily of water and dehydration will inevitably slow us down. So drink lots of water.
8. Get enough sleep – We should not sacrifice sleep for work or other activities. Create a schedule, avoid distractions and plan your time well. Let’s all get a good sleep.
9. Exercise at least 3-4 times a week – If you want to be a healthy man, get up and be active. No amount of daily healthy habits can help your overall fitness if you are inactive most of the day. A lot of major health organizations would suggest at least 30 minutes of regular, moderate-intensity physical activity to maintain fitness and avoid heart diseases.
10. Walk – as much as possible take a walk. If it’s reasonable, walk to work or take the stairs. It might not entirely replace exercise, but this would be a great improvisation.